Thursday, September 27, 2007

thought of the day

I hope never to write an anticlimactic novel. They are quite depressing. You’ll go days or weeks investing yourself in a novel, getting excited or scared at all the right parts, and then they’ll end on the brother’s cousin’s niece who supposedly saved the kingdom from utter peril, even though it’s what the protagonist has worked for all his life. Blah. My real problem is if they build up this whole beautiful romance that I’ve put my heart and soul into and they close it with an offhand word and the couple doesn’t even kiss! Stupid, stupid, stupid! If there is going to be any kind of romance in the first place, a novel should end with either a kiss or death, depending on the emotion to be evoked in the reader. Personally, I prefer a kiss, but that’s just me. If I ever write an anticlimactic ending that puts the romantic aspect out in the cold, I want someone to personally come and smack me with something hard near the back, flat region of my head. If you would be so kind.

No comments:

AdSense Referral

Just another reason Google is going to take over the world. Plus, it's free! What could be better than that?